Sunday, June 25, 2017

Gibberish As Usual

I was talking to a good friend of mine (Indian housewife) about what she expected from her husband. She spoke at length. As usual I couldn't make head or tail of it.

Finally I decided enough was enough and put finger to keyboard and drafted the following on her behalf:
Please don't consider me a burden. Tell me what you want from me. Order me to do that. And give me, with magnanimity, what is fair. Don't make me ever beg to you. I may not be your equal but I am a good person. Give me the respect that I deserve as I would give you what you deserve. I really would love to respect you (provided you have it in you to earn that respect).
I waited expectantly for her feedback. She took a deep breath and said "flut". Hmm. I can never understand women. Raha Gibberishon Mein Hardam (I have always lived with gibberish).

Can anyone explain whether she agreed with me or didn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees