Monday, June 26, 2017

Ranked At The Top In Google Search

For all those who want to drive up traffic on their website and get customers, it is important to get a good ranking on google search. Many people would sell their left arm and their right foot to be ranked high on Google search.

I have been reading a lot about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and how to design pages, how to create key words, how to barter with other people and exchange links on each other's page and so on. I have implemented them assiduously in my blog. I have earlier written about Google search (http://vbala99.blogspot.com/2010/10/google-search-and-mobiles-how-our-lives.html). Since there are tons of material on this subject I don't want to write another treatise on the same.

My efforts have paid off. Today I saw that the search of three words "Old" "Indian" "Mo" gives 132 million results and my blog came on top. 

It just goes on to show that with good web design and good content design it is not impossible to come on top.


I don't understand the meaning of the third word "Mo" in the search. I am not even sure my blog contains the 2 letter word "Mo". If I replace Mo by Movies, the results are entirely different. If i change the order of the three words (Old Indian Mo) in the search, the results are again very different. 

One thing still nags me. How the heck does Google PageRank work anyway? How do you get your website to come on top on Google search?

Interesting articles on Google PageRank
http://www.sirgroane.net/google-page-rank/

 Published on

1/9/11, 6:29 PM
India Standard Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees