Sunday, July 2, 2017

Markets and Fashion: A Close Parallel

I wrote a piece on the stock market since guruji had been insisting that I write (ever since she fell in love wih Chetan Bhagat)..

"This season we wont see many tops. there is a bell bottom.. And we will see a lot of shaking sideways. I foresee it going sometimes up, sometimes down.. Some days we will see red.. "

When I wrote this about the stock market, some fashion people approached me to ask if I could write regularly for them. What i thought was a masterpiece of market analysis... And people mistook it for a nice fashion article.. I was aghast.. Then realization struck.. I understood after countless hours of explanations to Femmo on Fashion and to Guruji on markets.. Both fashion and stock market analysis are kinda same.. Neither lends itself to rational analysis while there are millions of experts who purport to do exactly that.. The mistake the fashion people made was understandable..

I myself have predicted (quite accurately I would say) about Sensex and Nifty (Indian stock indices) based on what I saw in a remote corner in India. There were two numbers in the picture, the larger one indicates the BSE Sensex -30 and the smaller one refers to the broad based Nifty.)

In both Fashion and Stock Markets the discerning analyst (like me) keeps his eyes open and spots trends which catches the world by storm.. The losers look at the hemlines and charts and get hopelessly lost in them..

Published on

5/8/10, 4:02 PM
India Standard Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees