Sunday, July 2, 2017

I Discovered Henry Daniel

I was listening to a song from a movie I love "Malarendra Mugam Indru" sung by LR Easwari in Kaathalikka Neramillai. It had a male yodeling and I wondered who the male yodeler was. A little bit of googling later I found the name, Henry Daniel.

Now I was surprised. What was a Henry Daniel doing in that song? It's not a run of the mill name in Tamil movies of that era. So a little more googling on the name led me to some more information.

This post seemed to indicate that this man Henry Daniel was a piano player who worked with MS Viswanathan and his piano can be seen (heard) in these songs: "Paartha Gnabagam Illayo", "Enna Enna Varthaigalo", "Manithan enbavan theivamagalam", "Kann Pona Pokkile". 

I am impressed. I love each of these songs.

I found another Christian Sebastian D'Souza who seems to have contributed to the great melody of Shankar Jaikishan.  Look at the list of songs in Sebastian's wiki link.

And a few days later (Oct 6th 2016) one more christian PL Raj who choreographed some really nice dances songs as per the wiki link.

Published on

2/13/12, 7:13 PM
India Standard Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees