Sunday, July 2, 2017

Airtel Advertisements

First it was the girl saying Duniya Gol Nahi Hai and then the 4G ads. And now the open network advt.

What is with their ads? They are immensely displeasing, saying inane things with immense confidence. Earlier it was Sasha Chttri ads and now its a bunch of youngsters saying they WANT to know where there are towers. This knowledge will give better call quality?

Now Airtel would have us believe they are the most open network, one can know which tower is where, how strong the signal is.

So while you identify an apartment to rent on 99acres, you can also check whether there is a kamwali (maid), markets, school, hospital nearby and maybe check whether Airtel has a good tower close to the apartment. And if there isn't one, you can check whether a tower is coming up soon. Wow.

Does this mean my dropped calls will cease soon? Yesterday I called an Airtel number from another Airtel number and one party could not hear the other one clearly at all. Both within the same city. This will reduce because of the open network?

And all this while the 4G girl (Sasha Chettri) in the Airtel used to show us how 4G is available in remote places like mountain tops. Is Airtel now claiming to be THE OPEN network and not actually the BEST quality network?

Few months back I went to check Airtel's new 4G router.. And the sales person was showing it to me. I loaded a song on youtube inside the showroom. And there it was l  o  a d  i  n g ........The salesman explained the lack of speed - there were 2 other people in their backoffice using the router simultaneously and that it was a new showroom. And that the speed will be great in my house. And this was when they used to show an ad where downloading a movie happened in about 3 minutes.. I spent 6 seconds to load the first few words of a song.

Not that Airtel is alone in this. Reliance is no better. At least Reliance doesn't make me sick with their RCom ads.

I wish people stayed true to facts instead of assuming different poses each day. 
Today I am great on coverage. Tomorrow I am an OPEN person. Day after god knows what.. 

If Airtel or any ISP wanted to know what true speed was, they ought to check out ACT. There is a lot to learn from the low profile ACT.

Is it possible that if I can't pay my bills in time, I can try the alternative of showing exactly who my creditors are and how much money I have? I suppose Airtel would be thrilled to have its customers being as open as they are. When did transparency of their towers become a crucial requirement for a telephone company?



Additional reading:


 Published on
6/24/16, 1:17 PM
India Standard Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees