Friday, March 4, 2011

Ireland Vs England World Cup Match

I am not much of a fan of Cricket. But today I saw the highlights of the Ireland Vs England match. England had made 327 or so in their 50 overs. Ireland had lost their 5th wicket by the 25th over with their score at 120 or 125.

Things could not have been more depressing for Ireland. There is this man Kevin O' Brien who then started an innings of rape, murder and plunder which I (and perhaos the English team also) wont forget in a hurry.

His 50 came in 32 balls and his 100 in about 50 balls. I don't have words to describe the innings that this man, from a country which is quite unknown in the cricket world, played. What AN AMAZING innings! 

It seemed like every ball was destined to be sent outside the boundary, the question only being whether it would be a 4 or a 6. He left the bowlers and fielders in utter desperation. I could understand how the English team felt. Any other team would have gone through the same feeling of total despair.

I would love to see this man do a repeat of this kind of play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees