Monday, October 10, 2011

Hiring Of Expats In India To Increase

India is expected to hire more expats this year http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Booming-economy-India-Inc-expats-hiring-up-20-this-year/articleshow/10297215.cms.

Additional reading: http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article2520814.ece. Hindi cinema is becoming popular and being taught at universities around the world. I have an Iranian friend who knows liked Sridevi in Nagina (I barely remember the movie), another in Poland whose knowledge of recent Hindi movies far surpasses mine. Another friend told me that Amitabh and SRK are very popular in Egypt. Same with a Russian friend.

Before we start thinking that these friends are Indians living abroad, let me assure that these are local people in the respective countries. 20 years back I was told that Raj Kapoor was very popular in Russia. And I had not come across any other people outside the Indian subcontinent having a liking for  Indian movies.

Its strange. From business to movies, India is making an impact on people abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees