Friday, May 25, 2012

How To Export (Download) From Picasa Web Albums

I have been worried about my albums in Picasa. I don't like nor use Picasa client. And I have applied captions to the photos in my albums. I wanted to find a nice tool that would export my photos (say as a zip file).

For the last two days I googled and checked various tools, read what people had to say in some forums. 

I found some tools, couple of which tried to use but didn't succeed. Finally I opened an album and just saved the web page as a htm in my local drive. I opened the htm, all the photos were there including captions. I disconnected my internet, so that there was possibility of showing the photos/captions from picasa again. 

Guess what. I could see the captions and photos. I solved the problem.

There are 2 limitations:
  • Videos aren't saved.
  • You have to go to each album and save the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees