Monday, September 5, 2011

Rajitha Chaudhuri

I read this link today about a professor (http://www.iipm-india.net/prof-rajita-chaudhuri.html). 

What struck me about the article was the first line, that she is the wife of an acclaimed person. While this may be Ok if this was a social column, its completely out of place in a professional website especially when the person (wife) is a professional herself.

Did the school and the lady think that it sounded better to mention her relationship to a better known person (that too, 1st sentence on the page)?

If I were the wife, I would have preferred to not have mentioned it at all. In the school, my primary identity is not as someone else's spouse. I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Annual Performance Review

  A Better Way to Evaluate Employees